3.28.2008

Pre-sleeping

Let me say, for the record, that I am a night person. I normally stay up till 11 or later if I am scrappin' or surfin' the net. But last night hubs and I went to bed at 8:30, right after I put Goose to bed we went to bed too. I can't even remember the last time I went to bed that early when I wasn't sick. I just feel old... and like a parent. But, I am okay with that. I feel like a new woman today! It's amazing what a good nights sleep can do for a person. Oh, to be well rested.

The hubby and I coined a term for this, actually. We call it "pre-sleeping" and here is why... As a parent, you are no longer allowed to sleep in. That is, unless you happen to be one of those disgustingly lucky parents whose children sleep until 10 (or, GASP, later) giving you the much needed opprotunity to sleep in. I am not one of those parents. I am also not one of those disgustinly unlucky parents whose children get up at the butt crack of dawn. Goose will sleep until 7:30-8, sometimes 9 if I'm lucky, which is fine, I suppose. Except that I would much rather stay in bed until noon. And that is how pre-sleeping was born.

Since there is no possible way to sleep with a child who doesn't want to be asleep in the house, we decided that the only way to sleep in was just to go to bed early. But going to bed early made us feel like parents and extremely old, so we came up with a clever and functional new term for it. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, that is pre-sleeping. Basically sleeping in before you actually go to sleep. Get it?

Now I don't care if you think its silly, because I think its pretty silly myself. And yes, I do know that it is the same thing as going to be early. Talk all the shit you want, you have to admit it is a pretty clever way of saying it, right?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails