4.09.2008

SEE! I told you I was crafty!

For the longest time, I felt kinda like a fraud. Here I am saying I am a crafty mom, but with no actual crafty-ness to be had. But here it is! Just like I promised! My first scrap-tacular crafty post! This is a layout I did for a challenge on my favorite scrappy place on the net. Just a group of gals who decided to start their own board. They are great friends and lots of fun and wonderfuly talented scrapbookers. Some of them have some great sketch sites that can be found in my links to the right of the screen.

Anyway, this layout was for a No Adhesive Challenge. No Adhesive you say? Yes, you heard me correctly, no adhesive. No stickers, no glue, no glue dots, no tape, photo squares, nothing. ACK! I have to admit, when I first read the thread, I was a bit stumped. But then I came across this sketch from my friend Andrea over at Blueprint Sketches. It was perfect. I had the right photos and the right pictures and the right embellishments. It's so wonderful when a layout pretty much puts itself together.

So, after much rambling, here is what you actually came here to see... the layout!
Photobucket

Title detail - I used the adhesive letters from Target BUT I stapled them down and didn't take the back off the sticker.
u&me

Picture detail
u&me

Flower detail
u&me

Everything is either stapled or stitched to the page.

There is a hidden journaling tag behind the pic and it reads, "I try so hard to get a good picture of the two of us. I'm not giving up yet! Love, Mom. March 22, 2008."

This was such a fun challenge and really made me think outside of the box!

And in case you were wondering, here is the product info!

Paper - Die Cuts With a View, Nana's Nursery Girl and Spring Cardstock Stack
Flower - Making Memories
Glitter Chipboard - from Target
Stick Pin - Heidi Grace
Buttons - from Dollar Tree
Ribbon - from Michael's

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails