9.09.2009

Who says you can't wear WHITE after Labor Day?

Not I!

Photobucket


Okay, this is NOT what I am wearing today. But I was playing dress up last night with some of the dresses I bought at Bumbershoot. I love those hippy stands with the cheap silver and/or beaded jewelry, gauzy skirts and dresses and other random beautifulness.

Everytime I walk through a booth like that, I get a magical feeling inside. Like I stepped into some other world, full of color and sparkle and inscense, and random t-shirts of various alternative political leanings. Sometimes I even imagine an old woman in the back telling fortunes, although thats never actually happened. (But wouldn't it be awesome!? I think the idea came from an episode of Goosebumps I saw as a kid...)

I think that's why I love festivals and fairs so much!

The shopping!

Anyway, this frock was from one of those booths. When I put it on, I feel like Alice in Wonderland, dainty and girly. I know it's hard to tell in the pic, but there is brown lace and ruffles trimming the collar. I'm wearing it with patterned brown tights and sky high maryjane-type stilletto shoes.

Super cute and whimsical. And I have plans on wearing it sometime in the very near future. After Labor Day or not, all those fashionistas can suck it. Thank goodness for tights though, right? I'm gradually collecting them in every color so I can wear my dresses and skirts into the winter.

LUVS!
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails