5.21.2010

A craft for another day...

I found this purse at Goodwill yesterday for 5 bucks.
It immediatly caught my eye, the bright summery yellow, the shell-like petals, the beaded handle. 
Unfortunately, several of the "petals" have some slight discoloration on them.
I haven't tried to clean it yet, but it doesn't look like it will come out.
So I thought about removing the 6 or so damaged petals and flip them around, but I don't really have any desire to try to hand sew through leather, faux or real.

Then I thought of all the rosette purses I've seen lately!
So I went to Google (which is SUPER COOL today with the Pac Man game! Woot!) and searched.
Searched Anthropologie, Urban Outfitters, JCrew, all for inspiration.
Nothing really like what I had in mind, still some cute stuff.

*google images*

In my head, I envision three or so different types/shades of yellow fabrics sewn into rosettes.
Either pearl or wooden buttons for centers. I'm thinking I want it more or a beachy bag.
With the rosettes attached to each of the petals?

Unfortunately, since my craft room is packed up/torn to all get out, I can't craft for a while, so this is a project for the shelf.  I tell you what though, packing up my craft room has REALLY made me want to craft.  I've been reminded of all the amazing projects I have planned.

::sigh::

Thats okay,
June is fast approaching!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails