11.07.2008

Emergency Room

Well, its only been 2.5 years, it had to happen sooner or later and now is of time is any right? She spent the day with Grandma Lisa and was fine in the morning. She was even fine at 2 when Grandma came to pick her up. But by the time 6 o'clock rolled around and Grandma brought Goose home, all was not fine. She was listless and was running a huge fever. 102.5 I went into strict momma bear mode (despite the fact that I myself felt I could hurl at any moment), my baby needed me. Gave her a dose of Motrin, slathered her from head to toe in baby Vicks and listed too my poor baby wheeze as she lay limp in my arms. Those poor little eyes looking up at me for help.

I called the nurses line, 6:30pm Sunday night... the nurse told me it was too late to bring her to Urgent Care (they close at 7 of course) and to take her to the Emergency Room. Calling out orders to Hubs, I made him load the car... knowing in the back of my head, we should just wait for the Motrin to kick in and reassess the situation but I didn't. I had to ACT and now.

We piled into the car and got to the ER. And the staff was so nice and accommodating. We had her all bundled and she sat in that wheel chair like such a big brave girl!

Photobucket

I could already tell by the time the triage nurse saw us, that she was starting to perk back up a bit. She even found it in her to say "CHEESE" when I was trying to get her to take a sad picture (for effect, you know). What a goon.

Photobucket

But of course, once we saw the Doctor, she was fine. Couldn't get her to sit still. It was like the hospital bed was her own personal jungle gym. And the questions about EVERYTHING. "What does that say" "Why are those numbers(actually letters) purple?" "What is that hose?" "Why? "Why" "Why?" She really was a sport for the Doctor though (at least she listens to SOMEONE, even if its not me). She sat still as he listened to her heart and lungs. Opened wide and let him put a tongue depressor down her throat. She even let the nurse take her temperature under the tongue. The nurse said she can't even get SIX year olds to do that. It was my proud mommy moment.

Photobucket

Here we are waiting for the tech to come get us for x-rays. They were fine, showed a little "gunk" as the Dr. put it but nothing to worry about. I wanted to take a pic of her getting her x-rays but they wouldn't let me. She wasn't scared of the machine at all. Just followed their instructions like a champ!
Photobucket

The send us home with Amoxycillin and orders to all back if it gets worse or hasn't cleared up in a week. But today we are just fine (well, until I get the bill from the ER... yikes)

Here we are sick at home the next day. I hate to see her sick, but I just love how cuddly she is. I felt terrible for Hubs though, she wouldn't let him anywhere NEAR her. It just broke his heart (and mine for that matter b/c Daddy always makes me feel better). Also, meet Scofield (after Michael Scofield Prison Break). He is an outdoor cat but seems to think he lives in the house now. He is so cuddly sometimes I let him hang out. He was snuggling with Goose.

Photobucket

Pretending to be asleep so that I could take a picture. Goose loves me to take pics of "things" these days (anything really, everything is important to a 2 year old.) Oh, and do please excuse my ugly couch. It was a hand me down and its HIDEOUS but it is the MOST. COMFORTABLE. COUCH. EVER. Don't judge me. I will cover it one day, or beautify it some how, so help me! (if you have any tips PLEASE SHARE! It's a sectional couch).

Photobucket

Photobucket
TFL!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails