10.18.2009

A Crafty Post! OMG!!!

My Goose informed me a month or so ago that she wanted to be an angel pig for Halloween. An angel pig? Where on earth did she get that idea? An angel pig? Now... I KNOW you can't buy that costume in the store. I'd prefer to make it anyway, thats just how I roll. So, we picked up some pink sweats and a set of pink wings at Target, got some supplies to make her halo and ears at Michaels (all in all spending about $25)

Here is what I have done so far. I still need to make her nose and sew her curly-cue tail onto her pants.  

Photobucket
What do you think?

I'm quite proud of it and she looks adorable in it. (But no touchy-touchy 'till the big day!) 

On a side note, the other day, I was telling my mom what Goose wants to be for Halloween.

Me: Yeah, she wants to be an angel pig. Not real sure where she got that from.
Her: Oh, how funny. An angel pig? (Noticing my confused look) You don't remember, do you?
Me: Remember what?
Her: Pigs with wings were your Grandma's favorite thing.
Me: What? I remember she like pigs, but not the wings.


I think we both had tears in our eyes at that moment. My Grandmother passed away when I was 12, maybe 13. She had cancer and she was one hell of a woman and fought hard to the last moment. 

I don't know what you believe, and honestly, I don't know what I believe, but I do KNOW that my Grandma is watching out for us. I know because of the small signs she gives us... but only if we pay attention. Maybe its a smell, maybe its blooming flowers on a bush that hasn't bloomed in years... but I know she's there, watching, protecting... loving. 

So, this was supposed to be a happy/crafty post. I didn't intend to get all deep. But I guess its still happy. 

How lucky am I that my grandmother, who has passed, still lets me know she's watching. That her love has transcended all and my daughter, while she will never KNOW her, will feel her presence and love. Not everyone is open-minded enough to feel these things. And I am thankful that I am. And that Goose can (and that she's listening!).

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails