7.12.2010

Monday... Among Other Things

This weekend was good.
We didn't do anything exceptional,
but it was good. 

Friday night Hubs and I decided it was too hot to cook.  Good thing it was pay day so we walked to Vic's.  They aren't far from the house and their food is delicious.  My favorite pizza is the Rolle.  It has spinach, feta, peppers, and potatoes. Yes, potatoes! I know it sounds weird but it is the best, the absolute best.  It's the perfect place to get 'za by the slice.  And right in the midddle of Oly's self-proclaimed "green district" (we are very granola here, in fact, we invented it.)
 
Goose and I went to Farmer's Market and met some friends at the park.  Then we took the bus back to the house.  Saturday was beautiful and perfect for venturing out on our own.  Okay, I've lived in this town my whole life, but not it hasnt been nice yet this year and there are so many things to do in Oly.  From the Market to the Fountain, there is plenty to keep you busy. Taking the bus was neither as scary or stressful as I had expected.  It was so nice.  Espcially since we only have one car and it make it hard for Goose and I to do something if Hubs needs to go work out at the garage or something.  The bus picks up and drops off just a couple blocks from our house!  Plus it just feels good to leave the car at home and hoof it. 

Later, in the heat of the afternoon, we went to see "Despicable Me."  We all loved it and Goose actually sat still the whole time.  Okay, not the whole time, but she's 4... she did great!  It was funny and heart-warming.  The characters are creative and inventive.  The jokes weren't distasteful.  And now, I have a sudden urge to have my own minions.  And a jumbo-tron. 

Sunday we just lounged around the house.  I laid on the couch all morning and Goose and I watched movies while Hubs went with his friends to watch the World Cup finals.  Then, as it got nicer in the day, us girls pulled weeds and watered the lawn.  Then, last night, I made a meatloaf and some corn-on-the-cob. Yumm.  Goose ate it all and praised my cooking skills.

See, nothing exceptional, except for the weather.  It was just a nice, quiet weekend at home.  No big fights, Goose was very good all weekend.  She even slept past sunrise, so that's always a win. Just wanted to pop in and say HI on this lovely Monday.  I plan on a craft post tomorrow, so keep an eye out!

1 comment:

kate maggie said...

This is my first time being to your blog and I really like it :) Your weekend sounds fun..you seem like a fun person to hang out with. Hope you have a good week! x

Related Posts with Thumbnails