7.09.2010

Camping Fashion


Though most of the vacation was spent in swimsuits, I have to say, in my opinion, I made camping look GOOD!  I didn't pack any shorts or pants (except sweats for night time) just dresses.  I've learned in my old age that skirts and dresses are far more comfortable than shorts in hot weather.  Considering the fact that I didn't wear skirts or dresses until I was in my 20's.  I was too much of a tom-boy.  Not that my personality has changed, I've just come to appriciate comfort and femininty.

Travel Day
Green Maxi, Sunglasses, Flip flops: Old Navy
Cardi: Tulle

Day 2 (I think)
Tank Dress: Old Navy
Straw Hat: Target

Pretty Much Every Day
A swim suit (Old Navy, Target and Victoria's Secret) and a tank top.
I lived in something like this.  I didn't wear the tank swimming, just for lounging around camp when it was way too hot for bottoms.

Day 4
Vintage Sun Dress: Bleubird Vintage
Cardi: Tulle
Straw Hat: Target
Flip flops: Old Navy

I wore the same jewelry all weekend.  I tried to chose items that went with everything I brought and still complimented the enviorment I was in.  There is nothing more tragic than when your accessories don't match your environment.  Rhinestones and sparkles aren't the best for a north west camping vacation.  I chose a bright pink plastic bangle.  I went with this because nothing I brought was pink so it went and contrasted with all my outfits.  For earrings, I went naturaly with some dangly wooden ones that I made and a simple leather necklace to finish it off.  Basically, all things I didn't have to worry about taking off to swim.

Comfy, cute, and nothing I wasn't scared to get dirty.  Luckily, nothing was damaged by dirt, or campfire or messy monster mallows!

Have a happy, safe and SUNNY weekend!

1 comment:

Alexa Mae said...

i really love your style. its amazing. i want that yellow dress!

p.s. you are beautiful miss thang!

Related Posts with Thumbnails