5.23.2013

Copycat - Vintage Beaded Bracelet

I discovered this great blog the other day while at work.  The author, Erin Siegel is a fantastic bead artist.  I fell in love with her beaded bracelet in this post and wanted to make one of my own.

Shipwreck Beads recently (like a year ago) bought out the inventory of a store in the mid-west that was all vintage glass beads.  12 semi trucks full.  And slowly I have been hoarding different mixes and colors.  This mix is vintage Venetian glass that is probably over 100 years old.

When I saw Erin's bracelet, I immediately knew that I wanted to use my own vintage seed beads to re-create it.


It's 6 strands, strung on Irish Waxed Linen (another item I bought ages ago and never did anything with) and a vintage button from my stash.  It was SO EASY to make, I think I may whip up a few more tonight.  I seem to buy a lot of seed beads, the colors are so intoxicating, but I never actually make anything with them.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails