10.21.2009

As Seen on TV Thursday

I think I have crossed over from mom who blogs to Mommy Blogger.  I have features on my blog now.  Yes, that was feature"s", as in more than one.  First we have the Wardrobe Re-mix posts, then... new this week... Wild Thing Wednesday (and of course there's always "Wordless Wednesday" or "Friday Favs" for an easy cop out) anyway... I am going to start doing an "As Seen on TV" post on either Tuesday or Thursday.  This week, its Thursday.  Maybe I won't do it next week... maybe it'll be Tuesday. You know me and blogging, I'm still a little commitment-phobe. Not that I don't love you all. really its not you, its me. Hahaha! 

Okay, so the plan is to just try out different products and talk about it.  At the current moment I am not paid by anyone, nothing has been sent to me, all this stuff I have bought out of pocket.  But maybe its just me, but I'm kinda a sucker for the "As Seen on TV" shit... stuff on commercials even. Why limit it to infomercials?  That said... if anyone would like to send me products to review, I will happily accept them if you are willing to accept an HONEST review of your product.  

PRODUCT REVIEW - BUMPITS
Photobucket

My first choice iss "Bumpits." I gotta admit, I was a bit skeptical. I have pretty fine hair and I can rarely get things like this to work. But I bought it to use with my Halloween costume (I'm going as a HOT Betty Crocker. Cupcake, anyone?) and I also bought this nasty 60's style bouffant wig. The Bumpits couldn't be worse then the wig and for $10 it wasn't a huge loss if they didn't work.

On the way home (Hubs was driving) I read the instructions, they were a little hard to follow; but once I got in front of the mirror I found them really easy to use. Not only that, but they are comfortable. There was one time that I hit my head on the roof of my car... (I wasn't really paying attention to the extra height of the Bumpit)yeah, that kinda hurt a bit.

Photobucket

The medium size works great for every day use, adding some height, but not so over the top you can't wear it to work. I especially like the half-up/down styles, pinned back styles, ponys and headbands. I will probably use the large or even double Bump-it (yeaz, thats right) for Halloween.  These are really versatile and totally worth the $10 I spent. PLUS, now I don't have to wear that nasty wig.

Photobucket Photobucket
*Medium Bumpit, front and side view
Photobucket
*Large Bumpit, hair down with a skinny headband.
My hair will probably be something like this for Halloween.
I'll probably curl it though.


I wore it in a pony the other day and I think I may try it down or pinned back. Either way, this is a really fun product to play around with. I bought mine at Best Buy (of all places) but I'm sure you can find it at Walmart or Target or online someplace.  Maybe if you are lucky, you can find a BOGO deal and share with a friend!

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails