11.09.2009

What I Wore This Weekend

Photobucket


I found this coat at Value Village for $10.

It was a men's XXL and WAY way too large for me. Even belted, I'm petite and I was swimming in it. So... I decided to alter it. I am NOT a seamstress. I don't sew. I own a sewing machine but I don't know how to use it.

The thought of cutting this awesome jacket terrified me, but I decided to try my hand at a full scale alteration. Using a jacket I owned, I made a template and pinned everthing to place. Making the first cut was hardest, the point of no return. It took me several episodes of the Office on Netflix, but after a few hours I had this AWESOME tunic/jacket that not only FIT but looks super CUTE!

As a dress - belted with leggings (confession-I promised myself that I would never be caught dead in leggings... bah!)

Photobucket

With jeans, still belted. Basically the same outfit as above but with jeans instead of leggings. Definately more my style! With a "vintage" Dooney & Burke that I am "borrowing" from my Mama.

Photobucket

Did I mention I love thrifting?

AND just an FYI for all you thrifters out there... all clothing at Value Village is %50 this Wednesday, Veteran's Day... I'm sure I'll be there.

Photobucket

Photobucket

PS - Sorry there are no before pics... I suck. I forgot. Maybe next time...

1 comment:

Bobbi said...

I LOVE THIS! My girls and I go thrifting and then refashion what we find all the time. It is so fun! You need to break out that sewing machine....what fun you would have!

There was an error in this gadget
Related Posts with Thumbnails