4.01.2010

2.6.1 Challenge - Mission Statement

Okay, I have debated a lot on whether I want to commit to this or not, but I'm gonna do it.
Let's say my Husband (...d's nagging...) has inspired me.
We were discussing, over the laundry mountain we call a couch,
or is it a couch we call a laundry mountain?

Anyway,

I surmised that I could probably wear a different outfit everyday without ever wearing the same one twice.  Not each piece... but I bet I have at least 365 (well, lets not count weekends, sweatpants & jammy days!) 261 outfits I could put together? (And not even that, if I decide not to count holidays too. More jammy days!)
Is that sad?
Remember, I never throw anything away.
That makes it better right?

Well, anyway, my goal is to do just that.
Wear a different outfit every day.
Without buying anything new.
Sort of.

I did give myself a set of guide lines.

*The Rules*
1. NO BUYING NEW CLOTHES.
For one whole year. 
I am giving myself an "out" for special occasions.
I'm one of "those" moms. I like to match my child. :)
2. $50 "Me" allowance per month
To be spent on hair dye, nail polish, etc.
This money may be used to buy clothes HOWEVER
clothing must be second hand or on sale!
Exception: Undergarments/Swimwear
3. Accessories must be hand-made.
Or vintage/second hand.
4. Clothing must be hand-made whenever possible.
This means I will have to (and actually will) learn how to use my sewing machine.

I might add more rules as I go, but I think for the basics, this should work out well.  And I ran it all by Hubs and it meets his approval.  And I figure the first day of April (NO, this is not an April Fools, I swear!)

I really don't think the whole "wearing" aspect of this challenge will be hard, it will be the not spending.  But, to be honest, thats the biggest reason I need to do this in the first place.  Cut costs! Ugh! And I am a big "therapy" spender.  BIG.  Thus, the allowance.  I figure I will be less likely to give up and/or cheat if I don't give myself a little something.  A treat, like a diet, a reward.

And this WILL be a challenge.  A huge challenge.  I love to shop. Clothes, shoes, purses... girly stuff! I need to make sure that I don't go off the deep end when it comes to Goose's wardrobe now, so I am going to try and apply the about rules, mainly rules 2 and 4, to her as well.  No promises there.

There ya go, there is my challenge to myself.  Think I can do it? I don't know, but I will give it a valiant effort. Which is definately going to be HARD considering all the super cute spring style in stores lately.  So... sewing machine. Damn. It's gong to have to be done. I've avoided it long enough. It's time to learn to sew.

Bah!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know you can do it, good luck ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails