12.20.2009

I've got spirit, YES I do!!!

The spirit of the holidays, that is...  

I've been trying to keep my mind off of the recent happenings of my dog.  Trying to stop my self from crying.  I must admit, however, that I didn't vacuum today when I was cleaning because I don't want the house to stop smelling like Molly yet.  Yeah, the dog smell.  I know its gross, and, silver lining, I'll be happy for it to go away... just not yet.  

Yesterday, after explaining Molly's death to Goose, I laid on the floor and just smelled the carpet.  It's weird, I know... but its all I have left of her besides my memories.  So Goose and I have had many long conversations about how Molly is in Heaven and that God brought her "home" and now she doesn't hurt and isn't sick.  I showed her Molly's grave and we talked about how much we loved her and missed her.  

Goose proclaimed that Molly didn't have a "wall" and that she needed one.  It took me a while to figure it out, but the "wall" that Goose was talking about is a head stone.  I told her we would paint something special, a plaque or something, and use it as her marker.  Goose is 3, how does she know about grave stones? Scooby Doo is my guess...

Anyway, this was supposed to be a cheerful post.  I have been crafting like crazy! Making Christmas decorations and presents (including some SUPER cute feather headbands that may or may not end up in my Etsy store) lots of cleaning, clearing the house of dog... except for vacuuming.  Anyway, here is what I have been up to lately.

FYI - I will not be posting pics of X-mas presents until after they have been received. Don't want to spoil the surprise!!!

The wreath wall:
Photobucket

Close ups of the wreaths:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Husbo's wreath:
Photobucket

Goose's wreath:
Photobucket

My wreath - I made one to "match" each of our stockings!
Photobucket

Wreath on the front door. And yes, it matches my stocking. Tee-hee!
Photobucket

On the shelf... I love my elfin family. Thats the little girl elf.
Photobucket

Christmas tree corner!
Photobucket

Mommy and Daddy elf and a chair for Santa to rest in.
Photobucket

Jolly O'le Gnomes!
Photobucket

Tree is smaller than normal. We have WAY too many ornaments, that or I have a serious problem. Also decorated with some finger knitted garlands. I'm going for a bit of a home-made Christmas this year. 
Photobucket

Each of the wreaths are wicker and came from The Dollar Tree ($1 each! Ye-ah!) and I wrapped them with yarn of different colors and textures.  I added embellies and sayings and made them cute.  But they are super easy and very festive!!  

This is the most I have ever decorated for Christmas, at least not on this scale.  And 90% of my decorations came from The Dollar Tree. I freakin' love that place.  Not to mention some of the vintage ornaments from Fun Junk.  

So, I think I may be tapped out on my Christmas crafting/decorating.  Well, I'll finish the gifts I need to make and THEN I will be DONE.  Honestly though, I've really enjoyed this recent crafting binge.  Like I said, it takes my mind off of everything going on right now.  

Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails