9.17.2010

Not Waiting


Autumn doesn't officially begin until September 23rd, but its rainy and I am in the mood!

I love this time of year.
The rain.
The colors.
The smells.
Rich and abundant and full of life in every way.

My favorite holiday (other than my birthday) is Halloween!
This year, I'm not wasting any time and I already have started to "spook"ify my house. 

I started with a wreath for the front door.
(All of my decorations/supplies were purchased from The Dollar Tree.)

Then I moved onto the kitchen.

A couple of ominous crows moved in and set up their nest in my light fixture.

I made a batch of poisoned apples.
A crow is keeping watch...
We still need to get pumpkins, but that will wait until we can make our annual trip to the pumpkin patch.  I also haven't decorated the outside at all and I have loads of spiderwebs left.

And costumes!
YAY!
Goose wants to be a fairy godmother this year.
I will probably buy her a dress and then make her "stuff"
I think I am going to be a Hershey KISS... (if I can squeeze back into the dress...)

How are YOU getting in the mood for FALL?



1 comment:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Wow - it all looks so good! Great Dollar Store Halloween tips!

xox
Jen

Related Posts with Thumbnails